I haven’t trained for over a week and it feels crap. Yep – there are legitimate reasons to miss training and then there is the generic I can’t be stuffed.
The whole parenting gig means I’m so sleep deprived my coffee needs a coffee…. and that I sometimes (read 99.98% of the time) do not have control over what I can do with my time if the baby so decides, but there are a few things I say to myself that get me training anyways:
- My health is important – staying active is a pretty big contributor to well being both physical and mental. And nowadays its not just me that relies on me
- My team is relying on me – its kinda hard to predict the play if you haven’t practiced the play.
- I’ve never once regretted training once I actually get my butt there!
^^ that last one is the biggie. I’m pretty sure we all have that warm/sore/fuzzy/endorphin fueled post activity feels, yet we manage to so easily forget when its cold, dark and the couch seems to be a gravity well. It helps to take a moment after training to store for later so you can remind yourself next time the front door seems a million miles away.
Anyways, I’m full of snot – a legitimate reason not to train because a) my health is important, b) my teammates health is important and c) if you can’t breath you can’t train… so this is a short one… Comment for me to read on my sick bed: what stops you from training? And then more importantly what gets you to training? (And remember you can share that story to support, encourage and inspire each other at thisgirlcan.com.au and you could be selected for the This Girl Can Victoria campaign launching in early 2018.)
To connect with the This Girl Can Victoria community, use:
- This Girl Can website: www.thisgirlcan.com.au
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ThisGirlCanVIC
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ThisGirlCanVIC
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThisGirlCanVIC
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/VicHealthMedia
- Hashtag #ThisGirlCanVIC
This Girl Can by VicHealth encourages women to get active: “This Girl Can celebrates women who are all kinds of active. Women who are giving their all, or giving it a go, but not giving a damn!” I am a This Girl Can Victoria Ambassador. However, the views expressed here are my views only and not those of VicHealth.