3. Any tips on how you can overcome that really really crappy body image and not wanting to see yourself to get the benefits of being visible and being the face of your business?
There are lots of different things you can do – of course you can work with somebody like me – because a lot of these limiting beliefs and stories and thoughts and crappy self image have been with you for a long time. It’s really important to note you have a problem or belief system that has been limiting you for decades, usually a little activity isn’t enough and you need to dive into the beginnings of where did this belief system start and do the belief change work so that they can be a different person now with different behaviours, outcomes and beliefs.
That being said, there are different things you can do:
1. make sure you are surrounding yourself with people that lift you up (and that includes curating your social media to elevate you. You are in charge of the media you take in so unfollow accounts that make you feel bad about yourself, mute or unfriend people so that they’re not coming up on your feed and intentially following people that make you feel better.)
2. Listen to my podcast – Self Love Ignited – it’s all about this. Lots of tips, tricks, strategies and exercises and interviews with women who tell their story of self love and acceptance. It aligns with curating the information you take in. Hearing other people overcome the same obstacles that we are stuck in it can make us realise there’s a lot more options and opportunities out there and things don’t have to stay the way they are.
3. Don’t view your body as an ornament – they are so much more. Have a daily grattitude practice specifically about your body – create a relationship on what you are grateful for instead of what it is lacking.
4. Become visible to yourself – if you cannot bear your own reflection of course you won’t be visible in your business. Mirror work allows you to be seen by yourself first before stepping out and allowing others to see you. An example of this (detailed in the podcast) is standing in front of the minute and set a timer and say ‘I love you’ repeatedly. It can be really confronting so use ‘I see you’ and progress this from looking in your eyes to your body to the advanced naked version!
5. Be patient with yourself – it’s not an instantaneous jump from body loathing to body love – there is a journey in between through dislike, meh, neutral, acceptance, like to love and it’s a lifelong journey. So be patient and compassionate. At the beginning you are going to resist being on camera because it will feel unsafe and not okay. Understand if you have anxiety or panic, you might not love it but its about being open to the experience and beginning to experiment with it.